Monday, July 29, 2013

Days 67-70...Is this right?


Days 67-69 (Friday-Sunday) I am pretty sure no work was done at the house as I did not see any people working, and there were no noticeable changes in the house.  I emailed PM Sunday for a few requests - raise master closet wire rack 1' so we can have a double rack installed after we move in, change final walk through to earlier in the morning, and have someone come to the house to measure for blinds.  He also gave me an update that on the schedule for this week is flooring, plumbing & electric.   Stopped by today and the hardwoods were started...only I am questioning if the foyer is right or not... 
 
 
 
Horizontal?
 I took this picture right inside the front door and the planks are going horizontally - is that right?  I thought they would go vertically?


Super dusty and not a good pic

When he told me the flooring was starting this week...I was secretly hoping today that I would walk in and all of the floors would be complete...I guess I have high expectations :)  Looking forward to what the rest of the week brings!  Also - gave our notice at our apartment today that we will not be renewing our lease!!

18 days til final walk through 22 days til closing :)

4 comments:

  1. Your hardwoods are laid exactly as ours are in our current home and our past homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HW's are right, this is how they were laid in my old 1950's bungalow too, you want them to go with horizontal on the longest part of the house, so the fam room/kitchen is one big long room, you want the HW's to go horozontal with the long length of the room or it would make the room look smaller

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe they are supposed to be laid in the opposite direction of your roof trusses. Does that ring true here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the models I've been in had the hardwoods laid like how Rachel Romanus mentioned, taking the longest continuous space where hardwood will be into account and having the remainder of the house oriented that way. Even with a floor break, it might look off seeing the planks oriented differently across your main level.

    ReplyDelete