Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Days 53-58 Drywall Purgatory

This seems like the longest process thus far...drywall.  Day after day we have gone to the house with little noticeable changes.  Yesterday they replaced the basement insulation and drywall, after a plumber was there the day before and supposedly "fixed" whatever the issue was...well today when I stopped by, this is what I saw:

Dark pic - but water is building up

I emailed our PM and he said that they had a plumber out there to replace the valve that was the problem...in doing so, the line that was opened dumped the water on the floor, but it should be leak free now.  I hope so...Our final walkthrough is less than 30 days away...is this possible??

The drywall purgatory end is in sight however, today there was PAINT!!!  The 1st and 2nd floors were painted in the Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige.  It's okay...hubby likes it better than white.  We will still be painting accent walls...but for now, its a whole lotta beige :)  The basement is still going through the several days of drywall process...so a little bit still in purgatory.

Kitchen
I emailed our SR the other day just to confirm (because with the millions of questions we have asked, I can't remember if I had asked about the ceiling) - well we have a smooth ceiling and it is painted white not the beige color. 

Neighbor update - all of their goodies were out of their garage...so I am hoping within the next day or two that will be the same for us.  Neighbors lot across the street was dug today!

10 comments:

  1. Hi. We are going to start building our Palermo soon. I have a question for you. Are smooth ceilings not standard? You are the second person who has mentioned this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is for us because we never asked until now...so we didn't pay for and upgrade to smooth ceilings. I think it may be different depending on your area.

      Delete
    2. I think the ceilings are something that are part of a "community standard". For us, ours are "knock down stipple" (slightly textured, but not the "popcorn" ceiling of twenty years ago).

      If you're still at the beginning process, you might want to ask your SR to make sure you get the option you want, but we were never given a choice as to what type of ceiling we wanted.

      Our ceilings are all 9' (standard for our house) so we're not too concerned since they're so high up.

      Delete
  2. I hope your ceilings are white! Our community charges $1295 so we are stuck with beige ceilings...ugh. That's one of the first projects on our list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are white for us, confirmed with SR. That is a crazy upgrade fee for white ceilings!

      Delete
    2. That is crazy! I think we always just assumed that our ceilings/trim would be white, and our walls would be the beige SW color that our area uses.

      As a side not, my BIL/SIL built a house about two years ago and the builder painted both walls and ceiling beige. It was VERY expensive when they hired painters later to redo the ceilings white and the walls a different color (they also went from flat to an eggshell).

      Does anyone know if the paint they use is just basic flat paint (which are a PAIN to keep clean / touch-up!)?

      Delete
    3. Yup, it's flat paint. We begged and begged for white ceilings as an option or upgrade, and were told no way. Ugh. So I will be hiring someone to paint those suckers white. While I love to paint, ceilings are my nemesis.

      Delete
  3. So jealous!! I wish my community did the SW Kilim Beige. My walls are white, my trim is whiter. :) I think they'll still hit the date. Once they get going, a lot can be accomplished in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our walls are flat but our ceiling and moldings are semi-gloss. We did get the upgraded paint option.

    We knew the wall paint would be flat but also wanted to move in and be able to enjoy our home without having to do the awkward painting waltz. Move furniture and paint...1-2, move more furniture and paint...3-4, etc. We're also counting on a certain amount of nail pops and wanted to be able to have some color on the walls for the first year while the house settles and let RH fix it and paint it back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear we've had virtually no discussions about paint with our PM or SR...I guess I just assumed the ceilings would be white. Something to definitely ask about so thanks for making me aware!

    ReplyDelete