Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 41 - Insulation

On our daily visit, it appears that the entire house has been insulated!  When we talked to PM last week, he mentioned that insulation would be today and tomorrow...but hubby and I could not find a place in the house that should be insulated that was not!  So maybe drywall tomorrow?  We also noticed when driving by neighbors house (who started a week or so after us) that they had drywall.


 
 

I can't get over this darn interest rate thing...While I have come to terms, and am accepting that we may have to pay the points for the 4% that we locked in with NVR for, I am still keeping an eye open and on rates for the next week or so.  I got a quote today that was actually lower than what I have locked in with NVR (first one!)  I also dug up my contract to see EXACTLY what $$ of my build was tied in with the NVR incentive...and I was pleasantly surprised that it was very little...so if it ends up I find a lower rate, without having to pay points, it may be VERY worth it for me...but I am really only going to subject myself to this stress another week or so...then it is just too close to closing to be comfortable switching lenders.  We shall see what happens! :)

2 comments:

  1. You may want to also check to see about other costs that may be tied into using NVR. We had originally thought it was just a $3,250 incentive that was tied to them, but we found out that Ryan Homes will not split the transfer tax with the buyer unless you use the in-house lender. That's 1% of the sales price so it can really add up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far we have been on schedule with no issues. I think if you have a good PM they try to keep on top of stuff. We are a week behind our neighbor and they are building the same house so it has been fun to see what is right around the corner for us. I feel like we are cheating a bit.

    ReplyDelete