Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 59 - Where is this coming from??

I am not sure what (if anything) was done with the house today.  At first I thought maybe they painted the ceilings...but then I looked at my pictures from yesterday and notice the ceiling looked the same...maybe they put a 2nd coat of paint on?  Not really sure...

More paint??
 
Forgot to check the attic access yesterday, so I checked it today.  Not sure if this was done yesterday or today, but they closed up the wrong access, and created a new access in the laundry room.
 

Closed up the access in girls room


New attic access in the laundry room

 
And then we went to the basement to check out that never ending situation...and we found a casualty:
 

Broken window!

While the leak and the sump and the back up sump are all supposedly "fixed" now...only the other side of the basement we now have this:

Where is this coming from?

Where??


What is going on here??
 I have noticed it before...the corners of the basement a darker color...I thought it might be wet, but I never touched it...hoping it was just naturally a darker color (or hoping it was due to all of the other basement water issues)...so today my fear became a reality - as I was ASSURED it was water, and now quite a bit of it...coming in the basement from the corners??  Is that possible?  Why is that happening?? Anyone know??

It is wet in the corners, and spreading...all along the wall of my new drywall.  Great.

Hubby sent a message to PM...again...to fix the water issues in the basement...are we really going to close in 32 days??


5 comments:

  1. Oh wow... I hope you get answers quickly... and fixes quickly (but permanently)... this makes me nervous too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very concerning. I wonder if you should have an inspector come in after they fix it to make sure they actually fixed it correctly so you dont have surprised after you close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were getting water in from around our beam pockets until the waterproofing company came back and sealed before we had brick installed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still don't have siding, so maybe when we get siding that will change?

      Delete
    2. Either way, the PM should be running fans and dehumidifies in your basement.

      Delete