Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 50 & 51 more drywall...and time to backtrack...

Didn't take many pictures yesterday or today when I stopped by - but yesterday they finished the 1st floor and basement drywall, and today they did all of the mudding/taping (not sure what its is called exactly). 

Well...got a call today from PM, I guess kind of a heads up cause he figured we would be stopping by after work.  He said the backup sump failed or something to that effect...and we had several inches of water covering our basement.  UGH.  They will be tearing out all of the drywall they did the day before, tearing out all of the insulation, drying out the basement (again), and starting over.  He is having the plumber come over tomorrow to see what the deal is...I also asked him to have the plumber check out the water main that was leaking yesterday too.  I am getting a little nervous about this whole basement situation.  It has been under water multiple times now.  I told hubby that I am thinking we should get our own inspection before closing just to ensure we are sealed tightly in the basement...I really don't want this to be an ongoing issue once we are in the house :(  PM stated this will not hold us back, as they will continue to work upstairs, just have to do some rework in the basement.

5 comments:

  1. I am nervous about basement issues too! Good thing that at least it's happening now so they can fix it rather than after you move in and it ruins your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know...and honestly I don't fault RH for this because honestly ALOT of basements in my area have issues like this. So hopefully it will all get sealed up before our stuff gets in there!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure they will get it all sorted out but an inspection is not a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The County inspector has to sign off that it is up to code and working properly. Plus they have to make it right. Luckily we keep getting a ton of rain so they can figure out what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been getting a lot of rain too, so I guess that is a plus? But the next week and a half is supposed to be beautiful weather...so kinda hoping for a little more rain before closing so was can be sure!

      Delete