Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 36 -Nothing confirmed

I didn't go to the house today because I am beginning to get frustrated with the snail pace of the past week.  Hubby stopped by and said he "could not confirm" if anything was or was not done at the house...well hello Mr. Observant ;)  He said he thinks the basement was power washed and that was about it.  We have our pre-drywall bright and early in the morning, and I am hoping we get a close date since we locked in our interest rate already...eeek!

Speaking of NVR - we received another call today from them (btw they called hubby after we have told them multiple times to call my line - CFO of the family ;).  The documents we sent them two/three weeks ago (for the second and third time) they are now just getting to them and decided one of the documents they couldn't read, and need us to resend.  Well of course NVR... 

It is interesting to me how NVR works out for people.  I have been reading blogs over the past week or so where NVR was higher/lower than other banks/mortgage companies.  Part of me wanted them to be higher for us because I am not a fan of them selling our mortgage basically the day after we close, but they were the lowest for us, so we are going with them.  I don't like not knowing which bank will be getting my money...maybe that is weird of me?  There is one or two banks in particular that I would rather NOT do business with...so I am hoping NVR does not sell my mortgage to them.

3 comments:

  1. Urgh, don't get me started with NVR Mortgage. I have had nothing but headaches with them from day one. We have been shopping around, you might want to try too. Good luck.

    www.Romeiswheretheheartis.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished all the 30 days before closing documents and paperwork. Definitely not fun. A few months ago I had a pleasant chat with the branch manager and it seems what ever we talked about seemed to do the trick. They are paying much more attention to our file and are getting me statuses without me having to ask. We're not out of the woods yet but I will certainly be happy to bid farewell to this part of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck, Ravenna! It can be awfully frustrating at times.

    ReplyDelete