Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 31 - Not Great News

Well today was a bit of a disappointment.  I sent an email last night with some concerns to PM asking about the rain, house getting wet, more rain coming...what's going to happen?  From this he said, he wanted to power wash the basement, put in a humidifier and make sure it is completely dry before doing the furnace, electrical, plumbing in the basement.  So my disappointment is - why didn't he take these actions this week?  It was sunny and beautiful this week...and starting tomorrow for the next 5 days - it is supposed to rain...and more water could potentially get in the basement since the house isn't sided.  Because of this, pre-drywall got pushed back to Thursday morning...boo.  Kind of disappointing :(

On to the next disappointment - talked to LO from NVR today.  He told me for a 4% rate we would have to pay .75 points or $1639.  I asked him to send me a new GFE since we haven't seen one since we made updates, I wanted to change our down payment amount, and see how this higher rate would impact us.  He said he would get the information to me today...well he didn't :(
I did research after the phone call...and don't you know, that rate he gave me was the best one I could find!  I looked on Zillow, Bankrate, and our bank...and yep - NVR had the best rate!  Who would have thought?!?!  Honestly we would have probably locked in today - IF HE WOULD HAVE SENT ME THE GFE!  But no such luck...so I am hoping to get this settled on Monday.  The rates will not be going any lower. Period.

I know in the grand scheme of life - 4% interest on a home mortgage is AMAZING!  But...when we started looking the rates were 3.125% so that is now over $100 a month we will just be paying the bank...blah.

Third disappointment - we are TOTALLY locked out of the house...every window, front door, back door, garage.  Booo...so needless to say, no pictures today.  We checked out the backyard and the porch.  Very excited to hang out in both.

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, being proactive and throwing assumptions out the window seem to be common themes for RHs bloggers. Hopefully your PM gets better from here on out.

    As for rates, I share your pain. We signed during the 65th anniversary weekend and had some awesome incentives tied to NVR, so I doubt we can shop around and lost those incentives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting your LO hadn't given you the correct rate. Due to the stock market plummet on Friday, rates rose for NVR to 4.375%. We were helping a friend look at building a RH. You are definitely within 60 days of closing, so locking shouldn't be an issue. They may want the official completion date from your PM though.

    Your house should be sealed without the siding going on. I had a few leaks but it was due to the framers and waterproofing company not properly sealing the house. I just kept taking pictures of the puddles in my Great Room and Basement until it got fixed. Our PM did the same thing though. We have fans and dehumidifiers all over our house drying it out. I'm really happy about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer hopefully the rain will stop long enugh to dry things out a bit. The rates have been steadily climbing over the last month or so I say lock in soon if you see a day that is low. check BOA website they have a really good Intrest rate tracker.

    ReplyDelete