Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 30 - Just a 'Lil Bit

No pictures today because there really wasn't a whole lot done.  Noticed a couple more black wires and some additional tubes for plumbing, but nothing significant.  The electrical and plumbing were not completed in the basement, and the basement is still wet.  I am getting a little bit concerned about the water/weather situation.  Here it is:  PM said house can still get wet inside until house is sealed and sided.  Siding has not been done yet, pre-drywall is Monday AM.  It is supposed to rain Saturday-Tuesday (at minimum).  My question is - all of these cables that were just installed, outlets, etc. are they going to get soaked? And if yes, is that ok?  Will they wait to put the insulation/drywall up until the siding is done?  I am concerned that there will be no progress until the house dried up...I was thinking about emailing PM just to set my mind at ease about the situation...Maybe I will do that.

I emailed LO last night.  Asked for a new GFE since we had made a few changes and rates have increased since our last GFE, and would like to know where we stand.  Also inquired about how I can check the rates every day...no response today.

I am not really sure what work will get done tomorrow, or if they will be working this weekend to get everything completed for pre-drywall?  Or if they will do pre-drywall with some things NOT completed?  Oh boy I am full of questions tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. We also had asked our LO about the ability to get information about rates every day until we locked, and his response was "I get my new numbers around 11:30, so any day you would like to know you can call me after that".

    It kinda annoyed me, because I've read in other blogs how LO will email you all of the various rates with points, etc. once you are at the point when you can lock. I made it clear that I wanted to know any time anything changed... and he pretty much just threw it all back on me to call him 15 times a day if I wanted to be updated 15 times a day.

    Ultimately... I ended up getting a rate watch notification from another bank and used them as a baseline to see how rates were doing, and then when I saw what I wanted, I provided their rates to NVR and asked them to match.

    As word of caution: if you haven't already locked yet, you might want to look into doing it soon. I'm not sure when your delivery date is, but if you're waiting until you get to ~60-days out, you might be better locking for 90-days now. We ended up watching rates spike (over 0.5% in a month) and decided to do a 120-day lock just to get in before they continued to climb. Plus we were able to buy down the rate a bit to where we wanted to be.

    Trust me... once you lock, it will take a lot of stress away from the uncertainty associated with that. Plus, you can enjoy the fact that you have your rate locked as they continue to climb higher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't look at rates everyday until you can actually lock in. It will only make you nuts if they go up, and if they go down and you can't lock, you'll be worried they'll go back up. I agree with Brandon--see if you can try to lock earlier rather than later.

    ReplyDelete