Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pre-Construction Meeting - and also Day 1?

Today we had our pre-construction meeting, and I am happy (?) to say it was rather uneventful.  All of our options were correct, PM seems nice.  He is young and appears rather flexible.  A couple things we asked about, he was very willing to look into.  It took about 1 hour.  We were not given a detailed construction plan as I have seen some other bloggers receive, but I think we will be in touch pretty regularly.  He told me to call his cell or text him, as that is the best way to reach him.  He said we can stop by anytime we want.  So first impressions were good...I think we are gonna work well together.  And that is pretty much all I have to say about that!  :)

Of course we swung by the lot...and now we have a hole!  We have been excavated, he said they will probably do the footers tomorrow, and pour the foundation on Friday!  He said when he put the build schedule in for his timeline he got an end date of August 13...so here's hoping for good weather, and minimal delays!  The goal is to be in by end of August at the latest!

Would digging the hole be considered "Day 1" of construction??





4 comments:

  1. This is SO awesome!!! That hole will one day be your new home :) My pre-construction meeting was very similar and we did not get a fetailed timeline. I actually just entered a new post asking other bloggers if we were supposed to get one. I guess each PM is different. Congratulations on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this counts as day one! DId you ever think you would be so excited about a hole and big old pile of dirt? Congrats! This next part is a bit slow, but once that wood arrives on your lot, it's off to the races! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this absolutely counts as day one of construction! Congratulations! I am so very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete