Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 9 = Progress & something strange??

Day 8 brought nothing but nothing but rain, and no progress.  But today (day 9) brought waterproofing and backfill (?)

Garage up front and home office to the back

Sorry this is sideways - having issues rotating :(


Sideways waterproofing

Sideways - don't judge

More sideways walls and waterproofing - is the waterproofing supposed to cover ALL of the cement basement walls? 

 

Are these stones that they threw in there called backfill?  They put some stones on the side of the house also that I am guess is backfill?
 

 

Small basement window and more waterproofing
 
 
Egress window and waterproofing

So now for the something strange...hubby gets a text today from PM that reads:

"At our meeting we confirmed the siding as Granite per my paperwork.  Do you know if it was Graphite or Georgian?"

Hmmm...hubby and I were both at the office today, so no RH paperwork around.  I emailed SR to see if she could check her paper work...the names are so close, you know?  Well this is what I receive back from SR:

"PM is asking because there isn't a granite color which is listed on your paperwork (could be a spelling error) it should be Graphite but he just wanted to check with you.  I am out of the office today so cannot access my files."

Well this didn't sit well with me, because I know FOR SURE there was a siding color called Granite and one called Graphite.  Let me tell you how I know this...

When we signed out first contract (for the offsite build) there was only one color of gray to choose from - Graphite (lighter gray).  We wanted a slightly darker one...but that was the only option, so we went with it.  Well when we went in to sign our new contract in the RH community, SR advised that the lot next to us (who were coming in the following day to sign their contract) really wanted Graphite - BUT she got 2 new gray colors in - Granite (medium gray) and Twilight (darker gray).  We happily gave up the Graphite and went with the Granite.  I know FOR SURE we selected the middle gray...but today when I had nothing around me to validate the name of it...I got a little unsure.  So I stopped by the model today, and don't you know:

 
 
After I saw this and took a picture, I emailed both SR and PM to make sure that they both knew the color GRANITE does exist and that is the color we chose for our siding.  I would think that the SR would remember the color names, even if she was out of the office?  Not necessarily what I chose for my house, but at least that a Granite color existed...What also was strange was that now Graphite is listed as "accent only"...so wondering if neighbors had to change their color, or if they were still able to get Graphite for their whole house?

2 comments:

  1. To rotate pictures. On my computer, after I import them from camera, it opens a Windows Explorer window with all the pics it imports. I just select the picture, and either right click and select rotate either clockwise or counter clockwise.

    The waterproofing only comes up to approximately where the grade of your house will be.

    The stones are part of your drainage system. They help carry the water from under and around your foundation to the weeping tiles (the big black pipes with holes in them) where the travel to your sump and are pumped out and away from your house. The stones will also help prevent erosion as the water travels. The waterproofing system seems a bit low tech and rudimentary but I think that's the beauty if it...it just works (until your power goes out, or your sump pump dies...then your basement floods). Battery powered back up pumps run about $150.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is weird about the siding. Make sure you get what you want!

    ReplyDelete