Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 3 - Basement walls poured

When I woke up this morning it was cold and raining, so I wasn't sure how much (if anything) was going to get done today.  PM told me yesterday that they would have the walls poured mid-day...and they did!  Stopped by after work to all of the forms up and the walls poured.  I am really surprised and happy about how fast things have come in only 3 days!  I am sure along the way there will be some days of little or no progress...but I feel so much has been done in three days!  I don't know that happens next!  I am going to do some blog searching for the building road map :)



This is the side of the house looking at the family room (right about where the fireplace will be).

 




This is the back of the house...morning room.
 


 
 
Back corner of the house.  Family room up front, and morning room off to the right.
 




Hubby and I were a little concerned for a minute since this "room" had closed concrete walls on all four sides...then we realized it is the base for the front porch!
 

 
 
 
This is the garage up in front, and the home office in the back.
 


At what point do they put the basement windows in?  I thought they would put them in before they poured (or concurrently to pouring) the basement walls.  Do they cut the window area out of the walls?

It's a long weekend so I am not sure if we will see anything for the next several days.  A few other bloggers mentioned there is work on Saturday...but since the walls have to cure and its a holiday weekend, my guess would be I have to wait until Tuesday to see anything new.  But you better believe I will be driving by everyday this weekend!  My daughter really wants to play in the dirt pile...so I might have to let her ;)

4 comments:

  1. Check out my time line :) sperkins0306.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next step should be that they remove the molds and then it will show all of your wonderful walls. The holes for our windows were already there when they were removed. Then, they will waterproof the walls, do the plumbing, and lay the concrete for the floors. It is very, very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as above. The openings for the windows were created by the foundation crew. for us, they put a pink foam inside the forms and then cut it out after pouring. The framers will put in your windows during their portion. The only thing not mentioned above is your steel beams and columns will be installed prior to framing and after you pass your waterproofing inspection, they will back fill your foundation.

    I was out at our house at least daily and tried to document as much as possible. Here is our site:
    http://heavenlyhighgrove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!! That's great progress for just a few days!

    ReplyDelete