Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 2 - Footers!

After leaving the lot yesterday...it started sinking in that this is REALLY happening.  We are REALLY building our dream home.  I feel incredibly blessed...and also unprepared...As long as it seems we have been waiting, and will continue to wait another 2 1/2 - 3 months...I feel like I have SO much to do.  Packing, shopping, mentally preparing..whew...it can feel a bit overwhelming.

Anyways - Day 2!  So this shows how much I truly don't know about the building process :)  I thought at our pre-construction meeting, our PM said they would be pouring the foundation on Friday...well I must have heard wrong.  I guess there is a lot more work to do until the foundation is poured?  They will be pouring the walls mid-day on Friday. 

Do they work on the weekends?  I would think not...maybe only if they are really behind...anyone know?





4 comments:

  1. When I have been out in our neighborhood I have seen workers on Saturday. Not so much Sunday though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like yesterday they poured our footers. They work on weekends in our area it might depend on how many houses they are working on. Start packing and purging now. If you are like us you have more stuff than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have to put in the forms and rebar. The forms seem to go in fast but the rebar and these tab things they use to hold it all in place seem to be time consuming. I've had various crews out on Saturdays but its a ghost town on Sunday...other than neighbors and other people that are curious about our house and just go walking through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been our experience that they do not typically work on the weekends, but we did see a worker or two on a few Saturdays. We have never seen a worker on a Sunday. It is very exciting that the process is beginning for you! I agree with The Manning Family. It seems like it was not too long ago that our footers were in place and we too were so happy to stop stalking a lump of dirt. Congratulations! Now, the adventure begins.

    ReplyDelete